Code of Conduct
Don’t do that, do this!
PagerDuty Summit is a conference intended for networking and collaboration in the PagerDuty community. Whether in person or virtual, we value the participation of each member of the PagerDuty community and want all attendees to have an enjoyable and fulfilling experience. Accordingly, all attendees are expected to show respect and courtesy to other attendees throughout the conference, whether officially sponsored by PagerDuty or not. To make clear what is expected, all delegates/attendees, speakers, exhibitors, organizers and volunteers at any PagerDuty event are required to conform to the following Code of Conduct. Organizers will enforce this code throughout the event.
The Short Version
PagerDuty is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form. All communication should be appropriate for a professional audience including people of many different backgrounds. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any conference activity, including sessions. Be kind to others. Do not insult or put down other attendees. Behave professionally.
Remember that harassment and sexist, racist, or exclusionary jokes are not appropriate for PagerDuty Summit. Attendees violating these rules may be asked to leave the conference site at the sole discretion of PagerDuty.
Thank you for helping make this a welcoming, friendly event for all.
The Longer Version
Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, persistent following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, and unwelcome sexual attention. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. Further unacceptable behavior will result in escalating sanctions. Exhibitors in the virtual expo hall, sponsor or vendor booths, breakouts, or similar activities are also subject to the anti-harassment policy. In particular, exhibitors should not use sexualized images, activities, or other material. Booth staff (including volunteers) should not use sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes on video, or otherwise create an unprofessional environment.
Be careful in the words that you choose. Remember that sexist, racist, and other exclusionary jokes can be offensive to those around you. If you think your conversation is making another community member uncomfortable, follow up with them later to inquire, creating space for their perspective to be heard acknowledged. revisit that conversation and try to make amends. If a participant engages in behavior that violates this code of conduct, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender, expulsion from the conference or legal action.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact the conference organizer. Conference staff can be found at firstname.lastname@example.org and within the platform. Escalation procedures will be shared during the event.
Conference staff are available to assist those experiencing harassment to ensure everyone feels safe for the duration of the conference. We value your attendance.
Procedure for Handling Harassment
- Report the harassment incident to a conference staff member via email@example.com. All reports are confidential. Please do not disclose public information about the incident until the staff have had sufficient time in which to address the situation. This is as much for your safety and protection as it is the other attendees.
- When reporting the event to staff, try to gather as much information as available but do not interview people about the incident. Staff will assist you in writing the report/collecting information.
The important information consists of:
- Identifying information (user name/email) of the participant doing the harassing
- The behavior that was in violation
- The approximate time of the behavior
- The circumstances surrounding the incident
- Other people involved in the incident
The staff is well informed on how to deal with the incident and how to further proceed with the situation.
Note: Incidents that violate the Code of Conduct are extremely damaging to the community, and they will not be tolerated. The silver lining is that, in many cases, these incidents present a chance for the offenders, and the community at large, to grow, learn, and become better. PagerDuty Summit staff requests that they be your first resource when reporting a PagerDuty Summit-related incident, so that they may enforce the Code of Conduct and take quick action toward a resolution. If at all possible, all reports should be made directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Code of Conduct is based on the example policy from the Geek Feminism wiki, created by the Ada Initiative and other volunteers, which is under a Creative Commons Zero license. Additional language is based on the ChefConf Code of Conduct and PyCon Code of Conduct.
2. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is PagerDuty, Inc., 600 Townsend St., #200, San Francisco, CA 94103.
3. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 am PST on May 4, 2021, and ends at 11:59 pm PST on June 24, 2021 (“End Date”).
4. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to residents of the 50 United States of America or the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older as of their time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, its prize providers and licensors, and each of the foregoing entities’ affiliates, authorized designees and other related entities, and any other individual or entity associated with the development, judging or administration of the Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), as well as members of such employees’ immediate families (spouses, children, siblings, parents), and persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.
6. PRIZES: Twenty Eight (28) prizes are available to be won: Five (5) winners to receive [Theragun Relaxation Package] Theragun Elite, approximate retail value (ARV) $399 for the muscle treatment device and a $100 Spa Finder gift card, each (aggregate ARV: $499). Three (3) winners to receive a single $500 AirBnB Gift Card, approximate retail value (ARV) $500 (aggregate ARV: $1,500). Ten (10) winners to receive a single $100 DoorDash Gift Card, approximate retail value (ARV) $100 (aggregate ARV: $1,000). Ten (10) winners to receive a single $1,000 Amazon Gift Card, approximate retail value (ARV) $1,000 (aggregate ARV: $1,000). No cash alternative or substitution of prizes will be allowed, except Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute prizes of comparable value, in whole or in part, for any reason. THE WINNER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR REPORTING AND PAYING ANY AND ALL INCOME, SALES OR EXCISE TAXES THAT MAY APPLY TO ACCEPTING PRIZES; SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR AND WILL NOT PAY ANY SUCH TAXES.
7. ODDS: Many will enter and only twenty eight (28) will win. Actual odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. WINNER SELECTION: The winner will be determined by random selection conducted by Sponsor from among all eligible on or around June 24, 2021. All results of the selection are final and binding, subject to these Official Rules. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed to be the person in whose name the email account governing the email address was opened. In the event a winning entry is discovered to be invalid for any reason whatsoever or the person who submitted the winning entry fails to comply with these Official Rules prior to delivery of the prize, the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
9. NOTICE TO WINNER: Attempts to notify potential winner will be made using the contact information provided by entrant (email address). Sponsor is not responsible for mail, telephone or other communication problems of any kind. If, despite reasonable efforts, a potential winner does not respond within fifteen (15) days of the first notification attempt (or such shorter time as exigencies may require), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential winner, such potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected.
10. VERIFICATION OF WINNERS: Potential winner may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and (where imposing such condition is legal) a Publicity Release (collectively, “Prize Claim Documents”). If a potential winner is less than the age of majority in his or her jurisdiction of primary residence, a “minor,” at Sponsor’s option, the applicable prize either will be awarded in the name of the parent or legal guardian of winner, or the parent or legal guardian of winner will be required to ratify and sign the Prize Claim Documents. If any potential winner (or such winner’s parent or legal guardian) fails or refuses to sign and return all Prize Claim Documents within fifteen (15) days of prize notification (or such shorter time as exigencies may require), the winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected.
11. SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ENTRIES THAT ARE ENTERED BY OTHER THAN HUMAN MEANS (SUCH AS BY AN AUTOMATED COMPUTER PROGRAM OR ANY NON-HUMAN MECHANISM, ENTITY, OR DEVICE), IN EXCESS OF THE STATED LIMIT, OR FOR ENTRIES THAT ARE LATE, FORGED, DESTROYED, LOST, MISPLACED, STOLEN, MISDIRECTED, TAMPERED WITH, INCOMPLETE, DELETED, DAMAGED, GARBLED, OR OTHERWISE NOT IN COMPLIANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES, AND ALL SUCH ENTRIES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES: (A) TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND BY ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND ALL DECISIONS OF SPONSOR WHICH SHALL BE BINDING AND FINAL; (B) TO WAIVE ANY RIGHTS TO CLAIM AMBIGUITY WITH RESPECT TO THE OFFICIAL RULES; (C) TO WAIVE ALL OF HIS OR HER RIGHTS TO BRING ANY CLAIM, ACTION, OR PROCEEDING AGAINST ANY OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES; AND (D) TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES, FROM ANY LIABILITY (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LIABILITY FOR ANY PROPERTY LOSS, DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY, BODILY INJURY, DEATH, LOSS, EXPENSE, ACCIDENT, DELAY, INCONVENIENCE OR IRREGULARITY), COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REASONABLE OUTSIDE ATTORNEY’S FEES) THAT MAY ARISE IN CONNECTION WITH: (I) THE ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION OR INABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, (II) TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS IN THE OFFICIAL RULES OR ANY SWEEPSTAKES PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS, (III) ACCEPTANCE OR POSSESSION, DEFECTS IN, USE, MISUSE OR INABILITY TO USE ANY PRIZE (OR ANY COMPONENT THEREOF), (IV) ANY CHANGE BY ANY COMPANY OR ANY OTHER PERSON PROVIDING ANY OF THE COMPONENTS OF A PRIZE DUE TO REASONS BEYOND ANY OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES’ CONTROL OR AS OTHERWISE PERMITTED HEREUNDER, (V) ANY INTERRUPTIONS IN OR POSTPONEMENT, CANCELLATION, OR MODIFICATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, (VI) HUMAN ERROR, (VII) INCORRECT OR INACCURATE TRANSCRIPTION, RECEIPT OR TRANSMISSION OF ANY PART OF THE ENTRY (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE ENTRY INFORMATION OR ANY PARTS THEREOF), (VIII) ANY TECHNICAL MALFUNCTIONS OR UNAVAILABILITY OF ANY WEBSITE OR ANY TELEPHONE NETWORK, COMPUTER ONLINE SYSTEM, COMPUTER DATING MECHANISM, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE, OR INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER UTILIZED BY ANY OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES OR BY AN ENTRANT, (IX) INTERRUPTION OR INABILITY TO ACCESS THE SWEEPSTAKES, ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED WEB PAGES, OR ANY ONLINE SERVICE VIA THE INTERNET DUE TO HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE COMPATIBILITY PROBLEMS, (X) ANY DAMAGE TO ENTRANT’S (OR ANY THIRD PERSON’S) COMPUTER OR ITS CONTENTS RELATED TO OR RESULTING FROM ANY PART OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, (XI) ANY LOST OR DELAYED DATA TRANSMISSIONS, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DEFECTS, OR ANY OTHER ERRORS OR MALFUNCTIONS, (XII) ANY WRONGFUL, NEGLIGENT, OR UNAUTHORIZED ACT OR OMISSIONS ON THE PART OF ANY OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, OR ANY OF THEIR AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES, OR (XIII) ANY OTHER CAUSE, CONDITION OR EVENT WHATSOEVER BEYOND THE CONTROL OF ANY ONE OR MORE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES. EACH WINNER HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES HAVE NEITHER MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO ANY PRIZE OR COMPONENT THEREOF, INCLUDING ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY ANY OF THE PRIZE PROVIDERS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
12. Acceptance of a prize constitutes winner’s permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and address (city and state) for advertising or publicity purposes, worldwide, and in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation.
13. Sponsor reserves the right to suspend or cancel the Sweepstakes or modify these Official Rules as necessary for any reason or as required by applicable law. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify from the Sweepstakes, and ban from any future promotions, any person it believes to have intentionally violated these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or to have tampered with any element of the Sweepstakes without notice to the disqualified or banned person.
14. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of laws rules or provisions. Any legal claims arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules must be brought in the federal or state courts located in San Francisco, California.
15. To obtain any legally-required winners list (after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed envelope with the proper postage affixed to: PagerDuty, Inc., Attn: Marketing Dept, 600 Townsend St., #200, San Francisco, CA 94103 Please specify “winners list” or “Official Rules” and the name of the contest in your request.